Before we delve into all the great things about fastpass plus, you should know what exactly it is. Fastpass plus is part of the new My Disney Experience program. Using Fastpass Plus you can pre-book 3 attractions within one park for each day of your visit. You are able to log into the My Disney Experience website or app and choose which attractions you would like to ride and at which time on any particular day of your stay. You are then assigned an hour window where you will be able to enter the ride with minimal wait time.
1. Fastpass Plus is a FREE perk to all park guests. However, guests staying on site have a big advantage in that they can book their fastpasses 60 days prior to their trip and for up to ten days of their trip, while guests staying elsewhere can book at the 30 day mark and only for one day at a time.
2. Once you have used your 3 fastpasses that were pre-scheduled you may visit a kiosk at the park to select another fastpass ride option. Keep in mind availability of attractions for your 4th fastpass (and any subsequent fastpasses) may be limited.
Here is a listing of the current Fastpass Kiosk Locations.
Magic Kingdom FastPass+ Kiosks
- The walkway between Adventureland and Liberty Square, near The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Liberty Square
- Outside Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Fantasyland
- At the entrance to Jungle Cruise in Adventureland
- Near Stitch’s Great Escape in Tomorrowland
Epcot FastPass+ Kiosks
- Outside the Mission: SPACE entrance
- At the Soarin’ entrance, downstairs at The Land pavilion
- At Guest Relations in Future World
- At the digital “tip board” in the middle of Future World Plaza (behind Spaceship Earth and the Future World fountain)
- At the International Gateway entrance to the park
- In the Future World West walkway, on the way to The Land pavilion
Disney’s Hollywood Studios FastPass+ Kiosks
- At the FastPass+ service center, immediately to the left once you get past the entrance turnstiles
- At the “wait times” board on the corner of Hollywood and Sunset boulevards
- Outside Voyage of The Little Mermaid, in Animation Courtyard
- Outside the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror entrance
- At Guest Relations outside the park
Disney’s Animal Kingdom FastPass+ Kiosks
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids
- Primeval Whirl
- In front of the Disney Outfitters store on Discovery Island
- In front of the FastPass+ Service Center near Creature Comforts on Discovery Island
3. Make sure that you have the My Disney Experience App loaded onto your phone. When you are in the parks you can use it to change the times and attractions of fastpasses you have pre-booked. This is a nice feature if a ride you selected ended up having a short wait! You can simply change your choice to include another attraction.
4. Use your fastpass choices wisely. There are rides in each park that should never need a fastpass and some that you simply must have a fastpass for. For example; In Magic Kingdom you will absolutely want a fastpass for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and the Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet, but there is no sense wasting a fastpass on It’s a Small World or Mickey’s Philharmagic as these attractions usually do not have waits that are too long.
Epcot and Hollywood Studios are what we call “tiered parks” Meaning that they have a set of “Tier One and Tier Two attractions.” You are allowed to choose 1 tier one attraction and 2 tier two attractions at each of these parks. For this reason it is important that you have a good touring strategy for the days you will be visiting these parks.
Here are the rides I deem worthy of a pre-booked fastpass in each park. Of course, you should talk with your family and travel planner to ensure you have selected rides that meet your needs!
7 Dwarfs Mine Train
Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet
Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain in warm/busy months
Peter Pan’s Flight
Winnie The Pooh
Soarin (Always my first choice as you can ride Test Track as Single Riders or visit in the morning for a short wait)
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Toy Story Mania (MUST HAVE A FASTPASS…LINES GET LONG FAST!)
Rock n’ Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Meet Minnie and Mickey
5. If you are an onsite guest your fastpass selections will open for booking at midnight EST 60 days before your arrival. If you want to Meet Anna and Elsa or Ride 7 Dwarfs Mine Train without a wait it is advisable that you are up and ready to book at this time (Of course, this is a perk of using me as your travel agent…I lose the sleep and get your rides booked and you wake up to good news!)
If you are staying off site or you are a day guest your window will open 30 days before arrival. You will have to log in each night at midnight to secure your fastpass options for the length of your stay.
6. If you do not get a fastpass you desired the first time, keep trying! Things do open up as people change their minds or cancel trip!
Good luck and happy fastpassing!
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or to discuss your next trip! Jess@pixievacations.com